Wednesday 21 November 2007

Well that worked without a hitch.
Does that mean I have an open invitation to rabbit on about anything and everything?

That's the first consideration. I may be a fully paid up part time member of the "Ooh isn't it awful brigade" but I also include people who say that in my list of what's awful.

So the problem is how to say anything at all without being appalled with myself.
Opinions are generally speaking (and generalising is something I do a lot and also find ridiculous) a waste of breath.

I happened to find a copy of the Daily Mail in a bin on the riverfront at Richmond the other day. What an extraordinary pile of crap that contained. "Ooh isn't it awful" gone mad. The Eu, Gordon Brown, rapists, failing education, on and on it went.
Today I read the Independent in a caff there. Well, we might as well all top ourselves now. Global warming, data theft, immigrant abuse, asylum nightmare.

In the meantime some grubby pigeons were trying to grab bits of crumbs off the tray someone had left on my table. It reminded me of the seagull that swooped down and nicked the ice cream cone I was eating as I was leaning on a wall looking out at the sea shore from St Michael's Mount. No respect at all.

So this shows that I can rabbit on but it's getting nowhere so I'll see if I can post a link to an article I read yesterday morning on one of my favourite news site, NHNE.com.

http://www.nhne.org/news/NewsArticlesArchive/tabid/400/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/3898/Friendly-Feudalism-The-Tibet-Myth.aspx

It's long but highly instructive about the feudalistic and brutal regime before the Chinese invaded Tibet. Incredibly to me, it describes how the CIA funded and used the exiled monks
to try to undermine Chinese communist rule.

It certainly made me see the Dalai Llama in a slightly different light even though he personally seems to be one of the good guys. Buddhism itself when not abused by an elite doesn't seem as bad as most forms of Islam and Christianity.
The Tibetan version though was apparently a load of mumbo jumbo designed to keep the peasants in penury and slavery. Have a read and see what you think.

Now to see if the link posts OK.....

1 comment:

willgilson said...

Dad, you need to tinker with that link. It doesn't work. Try ading the text "click here" or some such, and then in the link information field, paste the link you copied from nhne.